|Total Number: 14|
|No training information available..|
Publications indexed in Web of Science Journals (SCI journals):
32. Meharg AA, Meharg C, Carey M, Williams P, Shi Z, Campbell K, Elliott C, Marwa E, Jiujin X, Farias G, Fernando M, De Silva PMCS, Lu Y, Green AJ, Jiménez EM, Carbonell-Barrachina AA, Alessia E, Pigna M, Brabet C, Hossain M, Islam MR. 2022. Global geographical variation elemental and arsenic species concentration in paddy rice grain identifies a close association of essential elements copper, selenium and molybdenum with cadmium. https://10.21203/rs.3.rs-1372766/v1
31. Haque ANA, Uddin MK, Sulaiman MF, Amin AM, Hossain M, Solaiman ZM, Aziz AA, Mosharrof M. 2022. Combined Use of Biochar with 15Nitrogen Labelled Urea Increases Rice Yield, N Use Efficiency and Fertilizer N Recovery under Water-Saving Irrigation. Sustainability, 14, 7622. https://doi.org/10.3390/su14137622
30. Rahman M, Jahangir MMR, Kibria MG, Hossain M, Hosenuzzaman M, Solaiman ZM, Abedin MA. 2022. Determination of Critical Limit of Zinc for Rice (Oryza sativa L.) and Potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) Cultivation in Floodplain Soils of Bangladesh. Sustainability. 14, 167. https://doi.org/10.3390/su14010167.
29. Talukdar, P, Travis, AJ, Hossain, M, Islam, MR, Norton, GJ, & Price, AH. 2021. Identification of genomic lociregulating grain iron content in aus rice under two irrigation management systems. Food and Energy Security, 00, e329. https://doi.org/10.1002/fes3.329
28. Jahan I, Abedin MA, Islam MR, Hossain M, Hoque TS, Quadir QF, Hossain MI, Gaber A, Althobaiti YS, Rahman MM. Translocation of Soil Arsenic towards Accumulation in Rice: Magnitude of Water Management to Minimize Health Risk. Water. 2021; 13(20):2816. https://doi.org/10.3390/w13202816
27. Harine IJ, Islam MR, Hossain M, Afroz H, Jahan R, Siddique AB, Uddin S, Hossain MA, Alamri S, Siddiqui MH, Henry RJ. Arsenic Accumulation in Rice Grain as Influenced by Water Management: Human Health Risk Assessment. Agronomy. 2021; 11(9):1741. https://doi.org/10.3390/agronomy11091741
26. Haque ANA, Uddin MK, Sulaiman MF, Amin AM, Hossain M, Aziz AA, Mosharrof M. Impact of Organic Amendment with Alternate Wetting and Drying Irrigation on Rice Yield, Water Use Efficiency and Physicochemical Properties of Soil. Agronomy. 2021; 11(8):1529. https://doi.org/10.3390/agronomy11081529
25. Yesmin R, Hossain M, Kibria MG, Jahiruddin M, Solaiman ZM, Bokhtiar SM, Hossain MB, Satter MA, Abedin MA. Evaluation of Critical Limit of Sulphur in Soils for Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) and Mustard (Brassica napus L.). Sustainability. 2021; 13(15):8325. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13158325
24. Chen, C, Travis, AJ, Hossain, M, Islam, MR, Price, AH, Norton, GJ. 2021. Genome‑wide association mapping of sodium and potassium concentration in rice grains and shoots under alternate wetting and drying and continuously flooded irrigation. Theoretical and Applied Genetics. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00122-021-03828-9 [Impact factor: 439]
23. Debasish Mishra, D, Das, BS, Sinha, T, Hoque, MJ, Reynolds, C, Islam, MR, Hossain, M, Sar, P, Menon, M. 2021. Living with arsenic in the environment: An examination of current awareness of farmers in the Bengal basin using hybrid feature selection and machine learning. Environment International. (Accepted). March 2021 [Impact factor: 7.577].
22. Haque, ANA, Uddin, MK, Sulaiman, MF, Amin, AM, Hossain, M, Solaiman, ZM, Mosharrof, M. 2021. Biochar with alternate wetting and drying irrigation: A potential technique for paddy soil management. Agriculture 11, 44. March 2021 [Impact Factor: 2.072]
21. Norton GJ, Travis A, Ruang-areerate P, Nicol GW, Adeosun AA, Hossain M, Islam MR, Douglas A, Price AH. 2021. Genetic loci regulating cadmium content in rice grains, Euphytica, 217:35. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10681-020-02752-1(0123456789. [Impact Factor:1.614]
20. Haque, ANA, Uddin, MK, Sulaiman, MF, Amin, AM, Hossain, M, Zaibon, S, Mosharrof, M. 2021. Assessing the Increase in Soil Moisture Storage Capacity and Nutrient Enhancement of Different Organic Amendments in Paddy Soil. Agriculture 2021, 11, 44. https://doi.org/10.3390/agriculture11010044. [Impact Factor: 2.072]
19. Khatun, L, Ali, MA, Hossain, M, Islam, MB, Khatun, F. 2021. Mitigation Rice Yield Scaled Methane Emission and Soil Salinity Stress with Feasible Soil Amendments. Journal of Agricultural Chemistry and Environment, 10(1), February 2021. DOI: 10.4236/jacen.2021.101002
18. Hossain, M, Mestrot, A, Norton, GJ, Deacon, C, Islam, MR, Meharg, AA. 2021. Arsenic dynamics in paddy soil under traditional manuring practices in Bangladesh. Environmental Pollution, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2020.115821. January 2021. [Impact factor: 6.792]
17. Shi, Z, Carey, M, Meharg, C, Williams, PN, Signes‑Pastor, AJ, Triwardhani, EA, Pandiangan, FI, Campbell, K, Elliott, C, Marwa, EM, Jiujin, X, Farias, JG, Nicoloso, FT, De Silva, PMCS, Lu, Y, Norton, G, Adomako, E, Green, AJ, Jiménez, EM, Zhu, YG, Barrachina, AAC, Haris, PI, Lawgali, YF, Sommella, A, Pigna, M, Brabet, C, Montet, D, Njira, K, Watts, MJ, Hossain, M, Islam, MR, Tapia, Y, Oporto, C, Meharg, AA. 2020. Rice Grain Cadmium Concentrations in the Global Supply‑Chain. Exposure and Health, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12403-020-00349-6.
16. Siddique, IA, Mahmud, AA, Hossain, M, Islam, MR, Gaihre, YK, Singh, U. 2019. Movement and Retention of NH4-N in Wetland Rice Soils as Affected by Urea Application Methods. Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42729-019-00148-2.
15. Norton, GJ, Travis, AJ, Talukdar, P, Hossain, H, Islam, MR, Douglas, A, Price, AH. 2019. Genetic loci regulating arsenic content in rice grains when grown flooded or under alternative wetting and drying irrigation Rice 12(1). DOI: 10.1186/s12284-019-0307-9.
14. Rahman, H, Carey, M., Hossain, M., Savage, L., Islam, M.R., Meharg, A.A. 2019. Modifying the Parboiling of Rice to Remove Inorganic Arsenic, While Fortifying with Calcium. Environmental Science and Technology. 53(9). 5249-5255.
13. Norton, GJ, Travis, AJ, Douglas, A, Fairley, S, Alves, EDP, Ruang-areerate, P, Naredo, MEB, McNally, KM, Hossain, H, Islam, MR, Price, AH. Genome Wide Association Mapping of Grain and Straw Biomass Traits in the Rice Bengal and Assam Aus Panel (BAAP) Grown Under Alternate Wetting and Drying and Permanently Flooded Irrigation. Frontiers in Plant Science. 9. doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2018.01223. September, 2018.
12. Savage L, Manus, PC, Hossain, M, Islam MR, De Silva PMCS, Williams, PN, Meharg, AA. Elevated trimethylarsine oxide (TMAO) and inorganic arsenic in northern hemisphere summer monsoonal wet deposition. Environmental Science and Technology. 51(21). Doi: 10.1021/acs.est.7b04356. October, 2017.
11. Norton, GJ, Travis AJ, Danku, JMC, Salt, DE, Hossain M, Islam MR, Price AH. Biomass and elemental concentrations of 22 rice cultivars grown under alternate wetting and drying conditions at three field sites in Bangladesh. Food and Energy Security, 6(3), 98–11. Doi: 10.1002/fes3.110. March 2017.
10. Kibria, MG, Hossain, M, Murata, Y, Hoque, MA. Antioxidant defense mechanisms of salinity tolerance in rice genotypes. Rice Science 24(3):155-162. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rsci.2017.05.001 March 2017.
9. Norton GJ, Shafaei M, Travis AJ, Deacon CM, Danku JMC, Pond D, Cocharne N, Lockhart K, Salt, DE Zhang H, Dodd IC, Hossain M, Islam MR, Price AH. Impact of alternate wetting and drying on rice physiology, grain production, and grain quality. Field Crops Research 205:1-13, Doi: 10.1186/s12284-015-0068-z. January 2017.
8. Bhusan D, Das DK, Hossain M, Murata Y, Hoque MA 2016 Improvement of salt tolerance in rice (Oryza sativa L.) by increasing antioxidant defense systems using exogenous application of proline. Australian Journal of Crop Science 10(1), 50-56. http://www.cropj.com/
7. Travis AJ, Norton, GJ, Datta S, Sarma R, Dasgupta T, Macaulay M, Hedley PE, McNally KL, Hossain M, Islam MR, Price AH 2015. Assessing the genetic diversity of rice originating from Bangladesh, Assam and West Bengal. Rice. 8(1), 35. https://thericejournal.springeropen.com/
6. Meharg AA, Deacon CM, Williams PN, Norton GJ, Hossain M, Louhing D, Marwa E, Lawgalwi Y, Taggart M, Cascio C, Haris P 2014. Urinary excretion of arsenic and cadmium following rice consumption. Environmental Pollution, 194, 181-7. https://www.journals.elsevier.com/environmental-pollution/.
5. Hossain M, Williams PN, Mestrot A, Norton GJ, Deacon CM, Meharg AA 2012. Spatial heterogeneity and kinetic regulation of arsenic dynamics in mangrove sediments: the Sundarbans, Bangladesh. Environmental Science & Technology, 46(16), 8645–8652. http://pubs.acs.org/journal/esthag.
4. Chowdhury MTA, Meharg AA, Deacon CM, Hossain M, Norton GJ 2012. Hydrogeochemistry and arsenic contamination of groundwater in the Haor Basins of Bangladesh. Water Quality, Exposure and Health, 4(2), 67–78. http://link.springer.com/journal/12403
3. Williams PN, Zhang H, Davison W, Meharg AA, Hossain M, Norton GJ, Brammer H, Islam MR 2012. Organic matter–Solid phase interactions are critical for predicting arsenic release and plant uptake in Bangladesh paddy soils. Environmental Science & Technology, 45(14), 6080–6087. http://pubs.acs.org/journal/esthag.
2. Mestrot A, Feldmann J, Krupp EM, Hossain M, Roman-Ross G, Meharg AA 2011. Field fluxes and speciation of arsines emanating from soils. Environmental Science & Technology, 45(5), 1798–1804. http://pubs.acs.org/journal/esthag
1. Hossain M, Islam MR, Jahiruddin M, Abedin MA, Islam S, Meharg AA 2008. Effects of arsenic- contaminated irrigation water on growth, yield, and nutrient concentration in rice. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 39(1), 302–313. http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/lcss20
Publications in REFEREED JOURNALS (NATIONAL)
24. Israt, J, Islam, Md.R, Hoque, TS, Hossain, M, Abedin, MA. 2020. Influence of soil arsenic in rice (BRRI dhan47) and its mitigation through water management. JBAU, DOI: 10.5455/JBAU.103559. September 2020.
23. Basak KD, Kibria MG, Hossain M, Hoque MA. 2016. Improvement of rice production through combined use of organic manures and bio-slurries with chemical fertilizers. Asian Australisian Journal of Bioscience and Biotechnology, 2016; 1(1): 78-85.
22. Rahman M.S., Kibria M.G., Hossain M., Haque M.A. Effects of organic manures and bio-slurries with chemical fertilizers on growth and yield of rice (cv. BRRI dhan28). Int. J. Expt. Agric. 6(2): 36-42. September 2016.
21. Hasan, SL, Islam, MR, Hossain, M. and Huda, A. 2016. Deep placement of N fertilizers influences N use efficiency and yield of BRRI dhan29 under flooded condition. Asian Journal of Medical and Biological Research. 2 (2): 279-284. June 2016.
20. Islam GMM, Iqbal SMA, Hasan ABM, Hossain M. 2016. Assessment of quality status of zinc sulfate (monohydrate) fertilizers available in the markets of Jessore, Jhenaidah and Chuadanga districts. Bangladesh Journal of Agriculturist. 9(1&2): 27-30. December 2016.
19. Kibria MG, Islam ABMS, Basak KD, Hossain M, Hoque MA. 2015. Assessment of soil fertility and farmer’s live style in south-western Bangladesh. Journal of Soil and Nature, 2015; 8(3): 1-6. November 2015.
18. Islam G.M.M., Iqbal S.M.A., Hasan A.B.M., Hossain M. Assessment of quality status of zinc sulfate (monohydrate) fertilizers available in the markets of Jessore, Jhenaidah and Chuadanga districts. Bangladesh Journal of Agriculturist. 9(1&2): 27-30. December 2016.
17. Islam, G.M.M., Hossain, H., Iqbal, S.M.A., Mollah, M.R.A. Assessment of Quality Status of Zinc Sulfate (hepta hydrate) Fertilizers Available in the Markets of Jessore Sadar Upazila. J. Environ. Sci. & Natural Resources. 8(1): 69-71, 2015.
16. Roy S., Banna L.N., Hossain M., Rahman H. Water quality of Narai canal and Balu river of Dhaka City: An impact of industrialization. J. Bangladesh Agril. Univ. 12(2): 285–290, 2014
15. Akter, S., Hossain, M., Huda, A., Islam, M.R., Jahiruddin, M. Evaluation of growth, yield and nutrient content of some boro rice cultivars. Res. Agric., Livest. Fish. 1(1): 19-25. December, 2014.
14. Jahan, N., Islam, M.R., Hossain, M., Huda, A., Bilkis. S. Pre-rice green manuring on the growth and yield of BINA dhan7. J. Soil Nature. 7(2): 19-22. November, 2014.
13. Munira, S.A., Hossain, M., Bir, M.S.H., Haque, M.M., Islam, M.S. Combined effect of manures and fertilizers on the yield and quality of rice cv. BINA dhan-7. BJPST. 12(1): 35-38. January, 2014.
12. Rahman, M.K., Satter, M.A., Ikbal, M.F., Hossain, M. Roadside plant biodiversity conservation. Bangladesh J. Environ. Sci. 22: 138-141. 2012.
11. Huda, A., Islam, M.R., Jahiruddin, M. and Hossain, M. Effects of elevated soil arsenic on growth, yield and arsenic concentration of rice. Bangladesh Research Publications Journal, 2(4), 661–666. August, 2009.
10. Haque, E., Islam, M.R., Jahiruddin, M., Hossain, M., Islam, S. Arsenic, lead and cadmium contamination of vegetables growing soils in Chapai Nawabganj, Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Crop Science, 17(2), 281–288. December, 2006.
9. Pasha, M.K., Islam, M.R., Hossain, M., Rahman, M.H., Haque, M.Q. Effect of different levels of potassium on boro-fallow-T. Aman cropping pattern in Level Barind Tract of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Crop Science, 17(2), 467–472. December, 2006.
8. Abedin, M.A., Hossain, M., Karmakar, S., Habiba, U. Phosphorus availability in soil in relation to arsenic and iron. Bangladesh Journal of Progressive Science and Technology, 4(2), 169–172. July, 2006.
7. Abedin, M.A., Jahiruddin, M., Islam, M.R., Hossain, M. Study on arsenic availability in soil as influenced by phosphorus and iron. Bangladesh Journal of Agriculture and Environment, 2(1), 25–31. June, 2006.
6. Uddin, M.N., Karim, M.A, Zaman, M.W., Hossain, M. Arsenic retention by boiled rice under different cooking methods. Bangladesh Journal of Crop Science, 17(1), 13–16. June, 2006.
5. Hossain, M., Islam, M.R., Jahiruddin, M., Abedin, M.A., Islam, S. Effect of sodium added through irrigation water in rice-rice cropping sequence. Bangladesh Journal of Environmental Science, 11(2), 349–354. December, 2005.
4. Zaman, M.Z., Abedin, M.A., Hossain, M., Jahangir, M.M.R., Samim, M.K. Response of inbred and hybrid rice to different fertilizers. Bangladesh Journal of Crop Science, 16(2), 315–318. December, 2005.
3. Islam, M.S., Abedin Mian, M.J., Hossain, M., Abedin, M.A. Effect of organic manure on the yield of rice in presence of inorganic fertilizer. Journal of the Bangladesh Society for Agricultural Science and Technology, 2(3&4), 65–68. December, 2005.
2. Rahman, M.K., Baset, M.A., Hossain, M., Uddin, M.N. Effect of nitrogen on some morpho-physiological characters and yield of Mustard. Bangladesh Journal of Progressive Science and Technology, 3(2), 123–126. July, 2005.
1. Rohman, M.K., Hossain, A., Hossain, M., Abedin, M.A. Effect of irrigation and nitrogen on growth and yield of hybrid maize (PACIFIC 11). Bangladesh Journal of Progressive Science and Technology, 3(1), 89–92. January, 2005.
BOOKS, BOOK CHAPTERS & PROCEEDINGS
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES (WORKSHOP SEMINAR, CONFERENCE)
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, SEMINAR
NATIONAL WORKSHOP, TRAINING, SEMINAR, CONFERENCE
|Total Number: 58|